Wednesday, January 7, 2009

First mobile Blog

So this is my first mobile blog from my crackberry which I'm writing from a starbucks in Malibu, ca. I'm on an hour long break between two training sessions and I'm pondering the future.

This morning I read Thomas Friedman's article regarding taxing gasoline, energy independance, modern infrastucture, education in America, ect... Usual themes from him. I read his books and I'm a big fan. What is particularly on my mind is how we in America are "dumb as we want to be," and we reward financially the people who do creative financial engineering, not necessarily those who have the PhD in engeneering. It has created a society that revolves around the almighty dollar. While financial incentives are important in society, we are somehow outsourcing our intelect for some other nations to develop.

Freidman has plenty of great things to say about the future in America and he has inspired me to help in some way. Personally, I am no scientist or expert on global warming, but I can inspire those around me to take better care of themselves and thus, help out with the health care crisis. So that is what I'm going to aspire to.
As little as it may seem, I resolve to do my part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New TRX Video


Fitness Anywhere Video